Why does the stone turn green?
The green color on stone surfaces indicates the development of algae, moss or mold. These are the result of natural processes. Moisture and organic particles are required for their formation. Both are often present in the air both outdoors and indoors. In some places, the humidity is constantly present due to poor ventilation, shady position, wet interior of the walls and stone. Due to the organic substances that bind to this moisture, algae, mosses and molds will start to develop in such places.
Is wall mold dangerous?
All molds can be dangerous to our respiratory system, the respiratory system of our children and pets. Large amounts of mold can cause asthma and other serious respiratory illnesses, especially in children. Therefore, it is not only advisable but also mandatory to clean any mold in the room. Of course, cleaning will not necessarily be enough if there is a lot of moisture on the walls. This may indicate that the walls in the interior are too wet. This is due to poor waterproofing of the walls. Whether external or foundations. In any case, cleaning alone will not help, as the mold will reappear quickly. However, the processes may be present for so long that the wall inside has started to rot and you will not be able to remove mold from such a wall without removing the entire wall.
How to get rid of algae, moss and mold from stone surfaces?
Cleaning algae, moss and mold from stone surfaces can be a very time consuming and dangerous process. Time consuming as some stains can also be very stubborn. Dangerous due to the ingredients of cleaners. Aggressive chemicals and the acids in them can be dangerous to the user as well as nature and the surface.
Use the prescribed protective equipment for cleaning. Procedures may vary from cleaner to cleaner. However, always try the cleaner on the hidden part first, as some can seriously damage or discolor the material.
Cleaners are mostly applied directly to the damaged area. You can use a brush to enhance their performance. Then wipe the surface. The vast majority of cleaners are considered to be used only in open and airy areas, as most contain chlorine. Its vapors can be deadly.
Nanocoatex Algae&Mold Cleaner DOES NOT CONTAIN CHLORINE! Which means no dangerous vapors will appear in the room where you will use it. Ventilation of the room is still recommended. At least at the end of the process to allow the surface to dry as well as possible.
Are all cleaners safe to use?
If you purchased the product in the store, it is usually safe to use. But be very attentive to the warnings safety regulations of the manufacturers. Some products are safe to use only under strict following of the safety instructions. They may contain very dangerous bleaches, solvents, aggressive chemicals and toxins (biocides).
But they are not only dangerous to you as a user, but also for your children, pets and nature.
Warnings you don't want to meet on your product are:
Can I order in bulk?
Yes, you can and you are invited to do so. For bulk quantities we can prepare speciall offer with discounts. For that, contact us on our contact form.