Search
Filters

Construction

Cleaning and protection of building materials

Construction is one of the largest industries in the world. Whether you are an investor, architect, constructor, owner or tenant, you know that the buildings change over time. Usually not for better. Most of the building materials are from nature and as such part of the dynamics of nature. Over time, like every plant you take away from nature, it starts to collapse, wither away, to dry, and to crack. Micro-organisms begin to emerge. Their "task" in the natural cycle is the further degradation of the material.

All these processes are natural and people appreciate them, we respect, even admire them. They are practical. They ensure that natural material is not accumulating. Also, the degradation of natural materials is a basic process for fertilisation.

Although, in construction those processes are not in our favour. Not only do they not benefit the materials, they destroy our investments, our homes, buildings, pavings, walls, cabinets,... Also our statues, monuments, infrastructure like roads, bridges...

How can we see these processes?

The most damaging natural processes for our buildings are the result of moisture in the air or soil. There are also chemical impurities, cold and heat. All these processes cause cracks, molds, green algae, capillary moisture,...

You have already wondered in your life: "How to get rid of algae and moss from concrete?" or "How to get rid of mold on the walls?" or »How to prevent algae, mould, moss on stone and walls?" or "How to protect the wood from cracking?". These are the questions we've been receiving for years.

Not all building materials are equally susceptible to natural processes. The key difference is in the way materials are produced and prepared. For natural stone we know about high porous* natural stone (freckling, honing, burning,...) and less porous rocks (polished). While all natural wood is highly porous and the key difference is how it was treated and prepared for further use (sealed, coloured, impregnated,...).

* Porosity of the material means how much fluid the material will absorbed if it is exposed to

How to get rid of algae, moss and mould from natural stone?

If algae, masses and mould are already present on your materials or surfaces, it is necessary to clean them and assess the damage first. If the moisture has already passed into the depth of the material, dry the material beforehand or change it. For removing of algae, moss, mould and other impurities, stains and spots use cleaners you find on Nanocoatex.com.

But cleaning will not be enough, as these processes will continue. That's why we have developed Stone Protect and Wood Protect. A lines of products to help you protect the surface from algae, mould and moss. This does not mean that with use of our products you will not have to eliminate the source of moisture (especially if its due to foundation or the due to ventilation of the rooms,...).

With Stone Protect and Wood Protect, you will prevent the absorption of more moisture and organic matter from the air. With that you will be able to prevent the growth of mould, moss and algae.

So, analyse the materials and surfaces (porosity) and decide which product is most appropriate. The easiest way to do this is to use some water on the surface. Observe how fast and how much fluid will be absorbed into the surface. The consumption of our protective agents will depend on the porosity of the material as well.

Are all cleaners and protectors safe to use?

If you purchased the product in the store, it is usually safe to use. But be very attentive to the warnings safety regulations of the manufacturers. Some products are safe to use only under strict following of the safety instructions. They may contain very dangerous bleaches, solvents, aggressive chemicals and toxins (biocides).

But they are not only dangerous to you as a user, but also for your children, pets and nature. Warnings you don't want to meet on your product are:

CorrosiveHealth hazardToxicEnvironmental hazardOxidizing

Environmentally and people-friendly cleaners and protectors

At KBX and Nano Coatex, we have decided to develop products that ARE NOT dangerous to the user, children, pets and nature. Only StoneProtect Renewal Coating has health hazard attention. All other products are water-based. This does not mean that you can drink or inhale them. It means that we can use them without fear of poisoning, scorches, suffocations or burns. Although, you should read the security warnings carefully.

View as
Sort by
Display per page